Effective acne treatment, quick fix and long term
Acne seems to be a common ailment among us. Do we all suffer from acne or could it be a rash or cluster of pimples? What is the difference between acne and a pimple rash? What effective acne treatment will work on us?
Acne is an inflammation of the skin in which a secretion of sebum gets blocked in the pores of the skin. This causes the skin to inflame and forms an outbreak. Effective acne treatment should be an ongoing procedure to avoid any major outbreaks.
If the outbreak is acne it will most likely have a white head and be painful to the touch. A pimple on the other hand is not normally painful unless it is too severe.
All outbreaks should be taken seriously. Acne sufferers can have immunity problems issues with diet or lack of sleep. Skin could not be well hydrated or moisturized. An effective acne treatment should study the person’s lifestyle to better determine any possible causes.
Effective Acne Treatment
- Creams and gels that include benzoyl peroxide are effective. These creams kill bacteria that could cause inflammation and infection but also dry the skin. One should apply a moisturizing serum 15 to 30 minutes after. (click here to purchase this product)
- Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA), especially when exfoliating skin with glycolic acid helps to clean pores and treat acne. You can opt for a gel or a cream with up to 8% glycolic acid. Medicated cosmetic treatments can also help in reducing inflammation. (click here to purchase effective acne gels)
- A quick fix could be the simple ice cube. Cubes should not be placed directly on the skin but first wrapped in plastic. Do not leave for longer than 5 minutes. This ice treatment reduces inflammation on the face and relieves redness.
- Aspirin four times daily helps fight infection and inflammation. Consult your dermatologist as soon as possible.
- Apply tea tree oil drops to the affected area three times a day. Research found this to be one of the most effective treatments against acne.
- PagesTwo cups of tea made with chaste tree extract is a strong herbal extract used to regulate female hormones which could be a cause of acne. This effective acne treatment drastically reduces outbreaks.
- Aloe Gel, in high concentration has both a moisturizing effect on the skin and also reduces inflammation so often heals pimples and rashes caused by acne.
- Zinc supplements are a very effective acne treatment in many cases of reducing outbreaks. The optimal dose must be determined by a physician, so please get advice from your dermatologist.
- Vitamin A is also useful and effective active treatment. Retinol-based creams work well to reduce pimples and acne outbreaks as they have a high content of Vitamin A. (to purchase these products online click here)
- Sebamed – PH5.5 offer a 100% dermatological soap without soap and alkali. It is recommended for skin hygiene with moderate forms of acne and as a support in the more severe forms of acne treatment. (click here to purchase Sebamed products online)
What to avoid for successful and effective acne treatment
- Synthetic material in your clothes also causes sweat accumulation which encourage bacteria growth causing acne outbreaks. It is recommended to wear loose fitting clothes from 100% cotton or other natural materials.
- Don’t let sweat accumulate. After sports or exercise when you get home after a hot day take an immediate shower.
- Don’t use rough sponges, nor try to over exfoliate your skin. Excess friction can worsen the rash. Disinfect your sponge regularly.
- Take special care of the detergents and fabric softeners to wash your clothes. Some can irritate your skin. Choose delicate products which are less perfumed.
- Use soaps containing salicylic acid or glycolic acid. If you cannot find then preferably use a natural soap with PH identical to the skin as an effective acne treatment.
The skin on the back is thicker than in other areas of the body, this is why normal treatments for acne outbreaks are less successful. It is also harder to apply an effective acne treatment to your own back when you cannot see or reach some effected parts properly. Try benzoyl peroxide solutions with concentrations between 5-10%. Pay attention to your neck which is more sensitive.